Saturday, September 15, 2007

Top it!

After a sweet game of tether ball S.S. realized today was school pictures.

Pearls? Is that a doily dickie and is your hair that short or is it pulled back in a fishtail?


scrunchy well coordinated with shirt.The bangs really work. Maybe even the bands on her braces are orange? You all know you had different colors at one time or another..I preferred rainbow ones..

That's what friend's aren't for.


A challenge to you all...
Do you think you can top these treasured photos? We dare you..triple dog dare you. We are going to call our friend S.S. She is the brave soul who can now after years of teasing, braces,glasses, broken fingers (last picture), puffed sleeves, awful shoes and countless days of looking in the mirror and asking "why me?". Can hold her beautiful head up now and say...I was horrendous!! Really S.S. where was you mom?

11 comments:

sheena said...

the last pic is definatley the BEST. it looks as though she has a cancerous growth on ther arms....poor girl.

Anonymous said...

Did you mean to call this girl S.O.S.? Because she REALLY needed some saving!

Sarah Hull said...

This is a prime example of why to have your kids early in life and to have them close in age... b/c my mom was still pregnant and breastfeeding when I looked like this... so obviously I was totally neglected like most other kids when a new baby comes around. I totally blame 100% of this disaster on my mother.
p.s. I am such a sucker to give into this.

melissa ellen parker said...

flippin sweet! I bet whoever that is grew out of the akward stage and is really beautiful now. That's why we can laugh at the pics now. I'll need to get a scanner and submit some of my head shots (eww)

zuniga family said...

Oh poor we all know who. Talk about a swan now. I am so glad you grew out of this stage. You are one brave girl. Congrats for putting these on the internet. Once my scanner is up, I will send some pics over.

summer c said...

You are the women of my hair do dreams! For you to endure your mom's cruelty is amazing. Good thing you are cute anyways!

bighairgirls said...

Yes this girl is a BEAUTY now. That's why these pics are even funnier. And she is SO BRAVE. Much MORE BRAVE than all of YOU readers who are afraid to send in examples of what your moms did to you.

thanks s.s.

Olive-us said...

Wooaaahh!
That blue dress in the last photo is so nursing-home sheik!
I love the "S.O.S." comment from Ali- so true.
What a trooper you are!
I want more of Sarah!
Sarah!
Sarah!
Sarah!

Anonymous said...

I am offended!
Mom

Anonymous said...

oops....I forgot I was supposed to be anonymous....
I'm still offended though.
Remember it was the 80's...and what were we supposed to do with those braces?

SUMMER said...

I am dying! But the reality is... we all have pictures like this! The one in the orange shirt freaked me out because I have an old school picture that looks exactly like that! I love that Nancy commented and wouldn't take the blame... CLASSIC! S.S. you are one "Sexy Sister" now. That is what the S.S. stands for right?